Monday, February 28, 2011

Duke Falls to VT but Kyrie is "Op(toe)mistic"

I didn't get to watch much of this game, hence I didn't post about it.  I am going to keep this short and sweet unlike my usual long winded, obsessive, over analyzed and "Jeez this guy is in to Duke too much" way.

-Virginia Tech was desperate, playing in front of desperate fans and playing like their post season hope's rode on winning this game.  Their post season hope's were riding on this, so it made sense they played desperate and a lot of times in sports it is who wanted it more.  Duke usually plays harder than all of their opponents, but today Virginia Tech wanted it more. 

-The one part of the game I watched was the first 5 minutes.  Surprise surprise, slow start and as I've warned it did lead to a loss.

- Duke for now dropped out of projected #1 seeds but as I'll explain later this week will have plenty of chances to get back into a #1 seed for the tournament.

- Kyrie Irving posted on Twitter last week he is feeling "Op(toe)mistic".  Best scene so far in college basketball would be Kyrie running out on the court Saturday in the Dean Dome unannounced and stunning the UNC faithful.  Then going off for 19 pts and 11 assists in a dominant Duke victory.  Possible?  Yes.  Likely? No. Stay tuned.

No comments: